"Talking Golf Turf" With
Turf Pathologist Dr. Brandon Horvath!
Welcome to Episode 79 of The Golf Improvement Podcast. Dedicated to bringing you useful information on custom club fitting, short game improvement, and effective practice techniques to Take YOUR Game To New Heights!
Podcast interview with Dr. Brandon Horvath – Asst. Professor of Turfgrass Science in the University of Tennessee Department of Turfgrass Science & Management.
- Brandon talks about how he first became interested in a career in turfgrass science and managing turfgrass diseases.
- He shares with us the most important factors that make golf greens play great but also stay healthy.
- Brandon talks about some of the things that have changed and improved in golf green management over the past 30 years – and what is on the horizon for "the greens of the future."
- He discusses the major typs of turf grasses used in fairways – and how these grass types have changed over the past 30 years.
- Brandon shares information on the main considerations for maintaining golf course rough areas throughout a golf course year.
- He talks about the relationships of turf scientists with golf course superintendents – how they learn from superintendents, and how superintendents learn from turf scientists.
- Finally – Brandon provides some Final Takeaways for golfers to remember about turf grass – and some info. that give golfers a "little edge" in shooting lower scores!
Fascinating Brandon! – thanks for taking the time to share this information with us!
Useful Web Links:
To learn more about the UT Turfgrass Science & Management Programs – Click HERE!
To learn more about the GREAT Rounds 4 Research Fundraising Event (May 1 to 7) – Click HERE!
Club Fitting – NOT Club Selling!