Creating “The Perfect Bend”
Effective Golf Club Hosel Adjustments!
Welcome to Episode 110 of THE Golf Improvement Podcast! Dedicated to sharing useful information on true custom club fitting, short game improvement, and effective practice techniques. Bringing YOU The Custom Club Fitting Experience Of Your Life – AND Lower Scores ALWAYS!
Interview with Jeff Sheets from Jeff Sheets Golf Design.
- Welcome back Jeff! He shares how he came to write the book “The Perfect Bend” – which includes valuable basic information about dos and don’ts about golf club bending.
- He talks about some of the normal materials used for forged and cast iron heads – the pluses and minuses of using these different materials – and how difficult hosel adjustments can be made.
- There are some irons available that are VERY difficult to adjust for loft and lie. Jeff shares why some of these materials are used in some modern golf club designs.
- He discusses how modifying golf club lofts can affect club bounce, and also club offset (and shares some interesting stories!).
- Jeff briefly discusses some basics of modifying driver, fairway wood, and hybrid lofts and lie angles.
- He shares how modifying putter lie angles can affect putter toe hang, and how modifying putter loft can affect how a putter can sit on the ground at address.
- Finally, Jeff shares some Final Words for golfers and custom fitters related to golf club bending and its influence on club performance and Shooting Lower Scores.
Jeff THANKS for writing “The Perfect Bend!”
Useful Web Links:
Learn more about Jeff Sheets and Jeff Sheets Golf Design – CLICK HERE!
Purchase Jeff’s book “The Perfect Bend” – CLICK HERE!
Bringing YOU The Custom Club Fitting Experience
Of Your Life – AND Lower Scores ALWAYS!