Yips Research From Gordon Morrison:
Helping YOU To Play Your Best Golf!
Welcome to Episode 115 of THE Golf Improvement Podcast! Dedicated to sharing useful information on true custom club fitting, short game improvement, and effective practice techniques. I Create Exceptional Golf Clubs – YOU Shoot Lower Scores!
Interview with Gordon Morrison from Gordon Morrison Golf – Advanced PGA Professional from Northumbria, United Kingdom.
- Gordon talks about his Personal Story – how he became a golf professional, and how he decided to do a PhD Thesis on the yips in golf.
- He shares his definition of the yips – and differences he sees between the putting and chipping yips.
- Gordon discusses a bit about the present major topic of his thesis work, and also some things he has learned so far from his research.
- He has created a Yips Survey on his web site, where golfers who have the yips can share some information. He talks about some of the very interesting things he has learned so far from golfers who have completed this survey.
- Gordon tells us about some of the typical “cures” he uses to help golfers who have the putting and chipping yips.
- Anxiety and the yips! He shares his views and knowledge about anxiety and when it is and is not importance in being able to recover from the yips.
- Finally, Gordon talks about what is most satisfying for him in his efforts to help golfers who have the yips – and some Final Words for golfers and golf instructors.
What A Delight To Learn From You Gordon – THANKS!
Useful Web Links:
Learn more – Gordon Morrison & Gordon Morrison Golf – CLICK HERE!
Complete Gordon’s Yips Survey – CLICK HERE!
I Create Exceptional Golf Clubs
YOU Shoot Lower Scores!